Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New Yarn

I received my yarn order today. It had several skeins of Sassy Stripes sock yarn. I think I can get 8 pairs of socks out of this.


The yarn for the baby Rambling Rows Afghan KAL also arrived today. I don't care much for the yellow *duckie* baby afghan yarn. It seems so bright. In the picture the pink looks bright too but it isn't as much.

What do you think - should I use the yellow or see about getting another color? How about adding a lavender? The Vanna's Choice Baby doesn't have lavender but I am wondering if I could buy a different brand of yarn similar to this one.

The KAL doesn't start until January 9th so I have some time before I make a decision.

If you click on the pictures you can see the yarn close up.
Later...

~Kim *Ü*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I 'm not a yellow person but I think it wil work just fine. The other colors will mute it some and the yellow (in that shade) may be needed as a contrast. I'm in your yahoo shirley"s group, just a quiet one :}

Stephanie said...

Hey there.... I read you are making socks now... How cool is that.. They look so WARM... One thing I have wanted to do was learn how to make socks ... KUDOS..and love all the new yarn you got.. Love the colors.. Buying new yarn is always so exciting..lol..