Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Shawl

I have never done any lace knitting before but I decided to take the leap and give it a try. The shawl is called Multnomah and I found it on Ravelry. I am knitting it with Schaefer Yarn Nichole in colorway Rainy Day.

I received this yarn at The Loopy Ewe Retreat in 2009 and saved it for something special.  So far it is going pretty good and I am taking it slow  using markers for the center spine trying to keep it straight. I would probably be farther along but life keeps getting in the way.

Revenge of Dish Rag Tag is officially underway and our box is on the move to the second person so I am anxiously waiting for my turn. I think I am fifth in line. Oh, we finally agreed on a team name - Purl Power.

School is on the wind down with 3 weeks left before I transfer to another school so I am studying like crazy and taking short knitting breaks.  I will be so glad to start my new degree major and transfer to the  new school (more details in a later post). And I will have a month break inbetween, I just have to find something fun to do!

I will leave you with a picture of two of my favorite guys. Benton and Bryson (Son and Grandson) at the KC Chiefs stadium for a rally and preview of the new stadium - they thought it was awesome :)




Aren't they handsome?

Later...
~Kim *Ü*

No comments: