Saturday, July 12, 2008

First Time

I belong to the group First Time Socknitters KAL and they are getting ready for a sock-a-long and I going to give it a shot. The sock pattern they are going to do is Breeze from Knitty I haven't ever made a sock but I like the look of this one and I wil never know f I can do it unless I try. I am going to extend the stitch pattern over the leg a bit and the listmom is writing out the modification for it. The designer made the socks out of 100% egyptian cotton which the group has had talk about that sagging so I think most of them are going to use something else.

That got me thinking I need some sock yarn and I did a search for yarn shops since I have only been to Joann's and Hobby Lobby and found one on the Square. Can't believe it has been there right under my nose. Which means I am going yarn shopping at a local LYS something I have never done before. Hopefully my foot will be better Monday when I see doc and then I can head right over there. I have no clue what yarn I will buy for the socks I am just excited to get to go and see (and touch!) all the yarns that I hear about on the other groups I belong to. I will post on how it goes.


~Kim *Ü*

No comments: