Wednesday, March 25, 2009

30 days and counting...

until the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling. Can you tell I am excited and counting the days. I got my Spring Fling Swap Partner's package in the mail today. I hope Sam likes it she sure is sweet. I can't wait to meet her. Sam is one talented knitter and a writer...way beyond my knittting capability...I can only hope someday. Take a peek at her blog I am amazed at everything she does and with two small kids.

I am getting excited and a little nervous about the trip to St. Louis which is only a hop, skip and a jump from me *that is what I keep telling myself*. It has been a long time since I've flown and even longer since I have gone any where without my sidekick *Harold* I keep telling myself "Kim, you are a big girl...just suck it up and get on that plane! The rest will fall into place." Now I just have to do it. Yes, I do talk to myself and sometimes even aloud and in public. I know I am strange.

Now for something stranger....

I am seriously considering going back to school. Yep. Harold wants to retire and what can I say. He has been the best and a great provider. The only but to it I have is that I am so much younger I won't have health care and with being diabetic and having COPD I need insurance. I could just go back to work *ugh*... so my only recourse is to go back to school. Since this isn't something we are going to jump right into I have about 2 years to decide and finish YIKES!!!

And during those two years I also have a obligation to the oldest son...babysitting the newest addition to our family, baby girl Chloe. Who should arrive in late May.

I guess I have lots of decisions to make and I am so bad at it. I have so many questions...I wonder if my brain has gotten to old to learn new things? I am slower than I use to be. Is that because I am not in the workforce? *my mother who still works seems to be more on the ball than me* I am so set in my ways can I really open up to learning something new? Will I just be wasting money that we could use? Can you really teach an old dog new tricks? See...the more I think the more I think...
well I am going to do some web searching and see if I can find some answers to a few of my questions.

Before I leave I have to tell you Bryson is talking up a storm! Most of the time we understand what he is saying the rest of the time we are guessing. He calls me Mammaw and he has finally started calling Harold "Oppy" LOL For some reason he hasn't quite got the hang of Poppy. He is quite the character and really is the apple of my eye. But I bet you already knew that. It is so hard since the girls aren't here everyday. He is smart as a whip and spoiled rotten. And I bet you knew that too ;o)

Later...
~Kim *Ü*

No comments: